I’m so excited about this project. This lamp shade came out soooo much better than I thought! I mean it’s pretty awesome! 🙂
- Roll the tubes using a sheet of newspaper (fold the big sheet in half and roll), I used a skinny dowel to roll, it makes the rolling process easier and all of them will end up with the same thickness — I rolled over 200 tubes for this project.
- Using a glue stick, glue the ends closed.
- Using the paper color you desire, cover the tubes.
- Cut the ends of each tube using gardening shears.
- Start gluing the tubes together (think of a bird’s nest) stacking them on top of each other to make the shape (a cake turning table can be very handy while you’re making your lampshade).
- When you’re done, sit the lamp shade over a small lamp and you are done!
I hope you have enjoyed this DIY !