This crochet ear warmer pattern is the perfect way to stay warm in the chilly winter months. This simple pattern is quick, easy and would be perfect to give as a gift! This really is a great earwarmer pattern for beginners to try.
- crochet hook size J
- 40 yards of Lions brand WoolSpun in Linen or any bulky yarn (5)
- yarn needle
- sc = single crochet
- hdc = half double crochet
- sl st = slip stitch
- ch = chain
- rep = repeat
- st = stitch
- bl = back loop
- This pattern written for an adult (fits a 20-22″ circumference when finished) and has a 4″ width, but can easily be customized for any size by subtracting or adding any # of stitches.
- You will need to make sure you have 8 stitches for every 4 inches of headband for the correct fit.
- gauge is very important for proper sizing – Learn more about what gauge is and why it is so important here.
Round 4: rep round 2.
Round 5: rep round 3.
Round 6: rep round 2.
Round 7: rep round 3
Round 8: rep round 2. do not fasten off.
Finishing: Without fastening off ch 25 (this is still connected to the ear warmer) then wrap around the seam of the ear warmer 3 times, sl st to top of first hdc of last round, fasten off and weave in loose ends throughout!
YOU ARE DONE!
I hope you enjoy making this crochet ear warmer pattern for beginners! Now that you are a pro at headband making why now whip up some of these quick crochet ear warmers for everyone you know! 🙂