Recently, there is no doubt that the popularity of coconut oil has skyrocketed, and there is a great reason for that. Actually, there are at least 127 good reasons for it!
Coconut (C. Nucifera) is a part of the Arecaceae (Palmae) family and belongs to the subfamily Cocoideae. Its flesh is rich in healthy acids, and its composition of fat may vary depending on its processing process and type.
Namely, medium-chain saturated fatty acids are around 90% of its content, combined with a small portion of polyunsaturated and mono-unsaturated fatty acids.
The human body easily digests, absorbs and uses medium-chain saturated fatty acids (MCFA’s), as they freely cross the blood-brain barrier in the unbound form, meaning that they may be used to promote neurological health and provide energy.
Virgin (unrefined) coconut oil is extremely useful, and at the same time, it is tasty, cheap, readily available, and entirely natural. Moreover, it has powerful health-promoting properties, such as:
- Anti-inflammatory properties
- Antioxidant properties (prevents the formation of free radicals and the damage they cause)
- Anti-microbial/ Infection-fighting properties ( it effectively kills viruses, yeast, bacteria, protozoa and parasites)
- It enhances the absorption of nutrients (it is easily digestible; and makes fat-based vitamins, like vitamin K, E, D, A, more available to the body)
- It is nontoxic to both, animals and humans
- Powerful anti-carcinogenic properties (inhibits the spread of cancer cells and boosts the immune system)
Therefore, this oil is absolutely remarkable for use in numerous cases.
Please Click “Next”or “Open”To Read More